Pumkpin Carving and Flinging Pumpkin Guts








The kids have been begging to carve pumpkins for weeks. We finally relented and let them carve their pumpkins for family night. Megan and Parker had a blast picking out their patterns and scooping out the seeds. Colton had fun climbing up on the table and flinging pumpkin guts all over the kitchen! We ended up with a cat face, a grim reaper and a spider...ahh I miss the good old days when we spend weeks picking out just the right shape for the eyes, nose and mouth. Fun was had by all, although my kitchen may never be the same...I keep finding seeds everywhere! Sadly enough, the joy of the jack-o-lantern was ended this morning when we awoke to find our pumpkins had become a mushy blob of goo and mold! It's still just too darn hot to sustain the jack-o-lantern. I miss fall in Utah!!!


2 comments:

sometimesgood said...

I hate the mushy pumpkins too! We are doing ours tonight! Maybe I'll wait tp mop the floor!

Linda Gibbs said...

Looks like fun! We are doing ours tonight. Little Colton is just too cute!