I've heard we're behind with the times. We still haven't purchased the ever popular fake pre-lit Christmas tree. Well, maybe we're strange, but I still say there is something to bundling up and heading out to the lot to search for the perfect tree. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I think it has more to do with family togetherness and tradition. The kids love getting the tree up, the awesome pine smell that permeates the entire house (sorry Tasey but a candle can only do so much) and placing all their special ornaments in just the right spots. We have a tradition of picking out an ornament each year that reminds the kids of the special events of the year. This year Parker got a John Deere tractor (he loves visiting Grandpa Levanger's farm every year). Megan got a tutu because she is quite the ballerina...very graceful for a 4-year-old. And Colton got a bear because of his nickname..Colty the bear. We gave him that nickname because he was quite a bear for the first year of his life. But after finding out his medical condition..who can blame him. In any case, fun was had by all, the tree looks gorgeous, and if it gets dry and starts on fire at least we will have the memories! Now if I can just get those blasted Christmas letters out......
Decorating the Christmas Tree
I've heard we're behind with the times. We still haven't purchased the ever popular fake pre-lit Christmas tree. Well, maybe we're strange, but I still say there is something to bundling up and heading out to the lot to search for the perfect tree. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I think it has more to do with family togetherness and tradition. The kids love getting the tree up, the awesome pine smell that permeates the entire house (sorry Tasey but a candle can only do so much) and placing all their special ornaments in just the right spots. We have a tradition of picking out an ornament each year that reminds the kids of the special events of the year. This year Parker got a John Deere tractor (he loves visiting Grandpa Levanger's farm every year). Megan got a tutu because she is quite the ballerina...very graceful for a 4-year-old. And Colton got a bear because of his nickname..Colty the bear. We gave him that nickname because he was quite a bear for the first year of his life. But after finding out his medical condition..who can blame him. In any case, fun was had by all, the tree looks gorgeous, and if it gets dry and starts on fire at least we will have the memories! Now if I can just get those blasted Christmas letters out......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Looks fun! Are you loving your new house?
Looks like fun. At least you are still smiling. By this point I have usually lost my voice from yelling so much.
Love the pictures and the way we can keep up with each other.
Got your Christmas letter and loved the picture... esp. of the three kids... it's adorable!
I was wondering about purchasing a guitar for Ilah and thought I should talk to Brian before doing so. She is 9 and a brand new beginner. Suggestions?
Looks like so much fun! We had quite the fun time decorating too. I am still in the thinking stage of maybe I should do Christmas letters. SO you are ahead of me!!
Post a Comment