EASTER!!








We had a great Easter this year. We decided to try to focus more on the Atonement than the Bunny. Each night the week before Easter Sunday we looked at the pictures from the Gospel Art Picture kit and talked about what had happened in the life of Christ for that day. It seemed like the kids talked less about what they were getting for Easter this year, but maybe it was just my wishful thinking. The cutest was when we were talkinig about the parables and we told the story of the Widow's Mite. Megan went to her piggy bank and got out some pennies to give to Jesus. What a sweetie!
We did watch the Charlie Brown Easter special and colored easter eggs. Colton had fun throwing the eggs into the dye and yelling YAY! Then he would pick them up out of the dye, look at the color and say "Oooooh!" It was really cute.
Church was really nice, although I seriously think they should cancel primary on holidays with candy!!! I accompanied someone who sang in Sacrament meeting and then had to teach sharing time. Brian wrestled with Colton and never did get to leave nursery...what a guy!
On another note...mom's with toddler boys should get an "I survived" patch at the end of each year. Here are just a few of the lovely incidents that Colton has instigated in the past couple of months:
1. Climbing up on EVERYTHING
2. Getting oats off the top shelf of the pantry and dumping them all over the floor of said pantry
3. Taking the oats from #2 and dumping them on the living room carpet while yelling "yay" and throwing them up in the air.
4. Getting into the fridge and breaking a whole carton of eggs on the floor
5. Squirting half a tube of lotion on the floor, his clothes and hair
6. Mauling the hamster and "doing his hair" with gel
7. Locking me out of the house in my pj's at 8:30 in the morning and making me run around the house ringing the doorbell and knocking on doors for 15 min to try to wake up Megan to let me in.
8. Jumping into his sister's bath fully clothed
9. "Hiding" DVD's inside the VCR
10. Throwing everything in sight down the stairs
I could go on...but you get the picture...Despite all this, having a toddler boy has it's moments (like when he climbs on my lap and gives me kisses) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

Traci said...

I'm glad you had a terrific Easter! I wish I could have come down with Andy the week before it would have been so fun!

Lora said...

I'm with you and the survival badge. I hope to live to achieve one. I can't believe how great you look! I need to hear your secrets. Thanks for posting your Easter ideas. We've been slackers with holidays so far, but soon will need the ideas.

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

Is this something with the third child or something? I am right there with you!!!