Busy, Basketball and the Birds!








Ok, so I'm a massive slacker! But, for those of you who know me, I am lucky to get dressed and get my makeup in the morning let alone update my blog! So here it is...FINALLY!
We have had a good but VERY busy January. Brian is finishing up his master's degree and is either to be found teaching classes, going to classes, driving to classes or playing guitar at his classes....needless to say he is one busy guy but I am proud of him for working so hard to earn his degree.
Parker received Student of the Month for January. He got to make a poster all about himself to share with the school and got to have pizza and soda with the principal for lunch one day. We are very proud of him. He is a good boy and a hard worker. He has also been involved in basketball this winter...please see above dark and grainy but cute pictures. It has been fun watching him learn and have fun playing.
We were also so excited to have a visit from my brother Jon and his family at the end of the month. We went hiking up at red rock and took some cute pictues with all the cousins. Aw--I miss living close to family--you people who do please consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky!
Well that's January in a nutshell...school, work, sports, dance class, music lessons, church callings, trying to keep Colton out of everything and colds that get passed from person to person and won't go away. We'll try to stay updated better but I can't guarantee it....


5 comments:

lisamarie said...

hi katie! your family is so cute - glad to see things are so good!

Lora said...

It's funny that you say it's standard to not get ready in the morning, since I've never seen you when you haven't been made up. :)

The Cope Family said...

Ok so to add that thing you where asking about. Go to dashboard then to layout, add a gadget, then to blog list. then just copy and paste all your friends addressess back into it then you have it. Hope this helps. If not email me at fire4j26@hotmail.com and I will look at it more to make sure I have it right.

The Gist Family said...

Yay! Glad to see you are surviving, the picture of all the kids on the rock is darling!

~Heather

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

Katie- hope you are doing well and taking time out for yourself! Miss you!