Family hike and escape from the heat!

The whole family...don't ask why I posed like that!

The waterfall at Cathedral Rock

Red Headed Hiker

Taking a break along the trail

This kid didn't slow down once!

So pretty and so much cooler than the valley!

Over the Fourth of July weekend we went up to the Mt Charleston Area to escape the 111 degree heat.  We had a picnic and went on a hike up to Cathedral Rock.  Colton ran the whole way up, Parker was a trooper and Megan needed some coaxing, but we all made it up.  Mom and I were the steady plodders, but hey, I have a good excuse!!  It was definately worth the hike, though.  There was gorgeous waterfall with icy cold water at the top, and even a little snow!  We all came home for a little rest, a BBQ and went to a patriotic concert.  All in all a wonderful day!!

No comments: