| A bunch of wild animals..... |
| Brian in Africa |
| Megan digging for dinosaur bones |
| Ahh dirt...my favorite! |
| Building pyramids in the Egyptian Exhibit |
| I want my mummy! |
In an effort to help the kids be more thankful for what they have, I created a Thanksgiving advent calendar this year (see earlier post). Each day has something we are thankful for such as, "We are thankful for books...go to the library and check out a book" Last Saturday, it was "We are thankful for our car. Drive to a museum or activity together. The kids chose to go to the Natural History Museum because we haven't been there yet. One of the favorites was the ocean, or fishy room, as Colton called it. The kids got to watch the workers feed small sharks and rays. Colton did NOT like the life size T-rex in the preshistoric room that moved and growled but the other kids did. They also had an African room, a rain forest, children's discovery area, animal room, Egyptian exhibit (my favorite!) and a Nevada room. We had a great time and were defiantely thankful to spend time together. I have to say that I don't think the kids took the "We are thankful for our mom" day very seriously. I think we had more fighting and whining that day than usual. Oh well, it's the thought that counts right?

2 comments:
How fun! We never made it to that museum. It sounds like a blast. Love the advent calendar in your previous post.
We love that museum. My kids had a blast there.
Post a Comment