
I love Halloween....the decorations, the costumes, the food the treats (ok maybe not the scary stuff so much), but there is one thing I can't get used to since we have lived in Vegas...the early demise of the jack 'o lantern. Every year the kids just can't wait to carve those pumkpins, and every year we wake up the next morning to find "Jack" soggy, moldy and caved in. Ok, so it may have something to do with the fact that our temperatures are still hovering in the upper seventies and lower eighties but I can't handle the tears caused by Jack's rapid demise. Therefore I have come up with a solution...pumpkin pots! We created our pumpkins last night for family night. I fully expect these Jacks to survive until Halloween (barring any teenage shenanigans). See if you can guess who created which pumpkin....they kinda look like us!
3 comments:
Cute idea! If these ones get soggy I would be worried!
Way cute Idea. I may have to steal that. How creative, I wish I had a creative bone in my body. Oh well I just consider my self blessed to have Janet in my life. She saves my bacon a ton of times.
That is a very cute idea! I like the thought of not having to remove all the slimy seeds. And just think, if you save them then you won't have to decorate pumpkins again next year :)
Post a Comment